Sunday, October 30, 2011

Luh Cruh-SAY!

Welcome to Metamorphosis Monday! Thank you to Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for hosting this "you never know what you're going to get" blog party!

I will be sharing with you a great recipe for a quick dessert that looks like you went to a lot of trouble. But, before I do that, I want to tell you about two things I never thought I would have. One is a husband who cooks! I'm not sure how I got so lucky (this time).

The second is Le Creuset cookware. I went online to find out how to pronounce it, and one site suggests you skip the French name and just call it "brightly colored, French, overpriced, enameled iron Yuppieware." I have to admit, I thought of it that way, too. But, one day when we were in the outlet mall, we found a sale on what was already discount prices (they were seconds, with minuscule little flaws), and it was an offer we couldn't refuse.

My biggest concern was that it would be hard to clean (because I am lay-zee) but it is amazingly easy! We chose the blue and I think it's so pretty, I keep it on an open shelf.

So, here is the recipe for Apple Oven Cake. It's simple, you will already have the ingredients in your house, and I think it looks like a sophisticated dessert. I believe I got it from Sunset magazine.




Another reason I like this recipe: ONLY one pan, one measuring cup
for liquids, one for dry ingredients, measuring spoons, and a blender!

Here it is on the stove in one of my LC pieces!


15 minutes later and you have an appley puffy yummy cake!



I would suggest topping each slice with a scoop of ice cream
 or a dollop of whipped cream, though it is good just by itself.

My husband found a great deal through Williams-Sonoma for a 3.5 quart dutch oven for more than 50% off. He ordered it online and it was at our door in two days. He decided to break it in by cooking a pork roast.



He is so good with spices and herbs.




Which is why we have so many of them, I had to buy little bleachers for them to sit on!






Disclaimer: I am not getting paid by Le Creuset, though I did send them a link and direct deposit instructions to my bank account.

You can click here to go directly to my sister's blog Robin Flies South...

Would love to have you as a follower! Sometimes my "follow" button isn't there (elusive little bugger) but please come back and try again!

Visit Elaine's Wonderful World and see how "can cook" was high on the list for my ideal man.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Looks so good. I love your cookware. I was able to link up at Matt's in case you were wondering.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Melissa Miller said...

Elaine you are a good cook. They both look yuummy and comforting for this time of year. I will be tryng them out next. I love to find new recipes through blogging.

Thank you for coming by this evening. You are always welcome anytime sweet friend. Our big kitty Chestnut says Hello to you too. *Smiles*

Stay warm and Happy Halloweeen!
~Melissa :)

Honey at 2805 said...

I want to have desert at your house! This looks terrific!

I have just become a friend and follower and hope you will do the same.

Ivy and Elephants said...

It all looks so delicious! Especially since the spices sound like such an incredible mix. Thanks so for sharing!
Hugs,
Patti

Anita Diaz said...

I love apple desserts of any kind, and that just looks fabulous!!! The fact that it is one pan is even better! I do not have any cookware like that, however. I'm glad you enjoyed the red leaves!! We have really enjoyed those last red leaves that hang on at the end of the season because they just get more brilliant. Funny, I was shocked at how much difference there was when I added the red glasses. Thanks for stopping by!!

Anita Diaz said...

Oh, I had to laugh at the Le Creuset comment because I wanted desperately to review a new Oreck, so I sent them an email. They have not responded.

Atticmag said...

I've got an oval pot and have been using it for baking the Sullivan St. bakery bread. Now you've kicked it up a notch with the apple cake. Love that! Thanks so much.

Jane

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.